FOR BOTH HIGHER AND ORDINARY LEVEL
This new edition of Modern Ireland, the market-leading textbook, has been updated to reflect recent exam trends and ensure Leaving Certificate History success.
- Includes the three most popular syllabus topics, two of which must be studied:
- Movements for Political and Social Reform, 1870–1914
- The Pursuit of Sovereignty and the Impact of Partition, 1912–1949
- Politics and Society in Northern Ireland, 1949–1993 (compulsory documents topic for 2022/2023 exams)
- NEW! Student-friendly design
- NEW! Essay Plans and Updated Exam Questions help hone exam technique
- NEW! Point of Debate feature helps students develop critical and analytical skills
- NEW! Updated and more frequent Review Questions
- Strong emphasis on Key Personalities and expanded Key Concepts
- UPDATED Case Studies include new sources and additional questions
- FREE Documents Resource Book with every copy of Modern Ireland focuses exclusively on Politics and Society in Northern Ireland, 1949–1993, the topic prescribed for the 2022 and 2023 exams
Modern Ireland, together with its companion Modern Europe, provide students with their essential texts for Leaving Certificate History.
DIGITAL RESOURCES FOR TEACHERS
A suite of digital resources is available on www.gillexplore.ie, including curriculum-focused videos and worksheets, web resource list, and complete textbook chapters on Government, Economy and Society in the Republic of Ireland, 1949–1989.
FREE eBook with valuable videos and weblinks for further research. Adopting teachers also get a free eBook of the accompanying Documents Resource Book. Gill Education eBooks are accessible both online and offline.