The Grammar 6 Pupil Book is designed specifically for use with the Grammar 6 Teacher’s Book. Together, they follow on from the Grammar 1-5 Pupil and Teacher’s Books and provide the next year of grammar, spelling and punctuation teaching.
The Grammar 6 Pupil Book contains 36 spelling and 36 grammar or punctuation lessons for a full year of teaching children aged 10-11 years. The lessons continue to build upon the knowledge and skills that children have been taught in previous years. There are activities for children to complete in class or as homework, which accompany the detailed lesson plans for the teacher to follow within the Grammar 6 Teacher’s Book. Topics covered within the book include:
- Prefxes & suffxes, in particular numerical – Silent letters: bt, te, th
- New spelling patterns/rules: ough – Schwas -ity & -ety
- More alternatives: they, great, ballet, fete, straight for /ai/
- New parts of speech: for example, countable and uncountable nouns, gerunds and modal verbs and imperatives
- Further punctuation: using semi colons and colons or using a comma after a fronted adverbial
- Developing a greater understanding of sentence structure and learning to recognise indirect objects, subject complements and passive agents
- Introducing children to literary devices such as alliteration, learning to meaning of idioms and distinguishing between formal and informal writing.
Size 297mm x 210mm
Extent 116 colour pages
Publication Date: 20th September 2017