On the Move! is the second of two readers in Stage Two of the Rainbow English Programme. This reader contains 20 extracts from published children’s literature, 10 factual pieces of writing and 10 poems. The Rainbow English Programme is in line with the New Primary Language Curriculum.
The published extracts have been carefully chosen by peer reviewers and cover a wide range of reading genres. They have been graded to ensure an age-appropriate level of difficulty, with a gradual and continued progression.
- Each extract is preceded by oral language pre-reading activities.
- There are during reading activities, which are followed up with post-reading activities at the end of each extract.
- Each extract and fact piece is followed by a series of activities comprising: comprehension, vocabulary, word study/phonics, grammar, punctuation and the writing process.
On the Move! is accompanied by a ground-breaking Portfolio book that reinforces the comprehension, vocabulary, word study/phonics, grammar, punctuation covered in the core book.
- A unique feature of the portfolio book is that it covers all the writing genres.
- All writing genres are modelled in the dedicated online writing activities section.
- The portfolio is a clear record of the student’s work for the year.
An individual pupil profile assessment booklet is also available to monitor progress.
The teacher’s notes that accompany On the Move! feature a comprehensive week-by-week, month-by-month scheme outlining all elements included in the book.